- Open the Files app on your iOS device.
- Then, head over to the location where you’ve stored the Zip archive.
- Now touch and hold a file you want to uncompress (or unzip).
- Then, tap on the uncompress option.
- It will automatically unzip the files, available in the archive.
- That’s it.
So, this is one of the easiest ways by which you can zip or unzip files on your iPhone or iPad. But, in case, you’re running on the older version of iOS (like iOS 11 or iOS 12) or if you don’t want to use the default Files app on the iPhone or iPad. Then, below you can check how you can compress or uncompress files using the third-party application on the Apple device.