If you are someone with an Apple TV, you might already be enjoying streaming content right away. Of course, Netflix and Amazon Prime are the staple services however, Disney Plus is also catching up to the likes of these services. Disney Plus also lets you watch some of your favorite sports events live along with documentaries from your favorite shows that you might have missed earlier. Here is a guide on how to download Disney Plus on Apple TV.
Sure, Disney Plus might sound like it caters to kids. Well, it does have that as well as get you tons of movies that you can watch as a family. Even subscription plans for Disney Plus are pretty good. You can choose between paying a monthly price of $7.99 or a yearly plan of $79.99. While you might be using your mobile phone to stream content on Disney Plus, it surely would be even better to be able to stream it on a bigger screen, and especially on an Apple TV. Read on to know how to install Disney Plus on an Apple TV.
How to Get Disney Plus on Apple TV
The Disney app is free to install on any device. You can watch a lot of movies, TV shows, and other exclusive content on Disney Plus. The methods to watch/stream Disney Plus will vary according to the generation of Apple TV that you have.
Install Disney Plus App on Apple TV Gen 3 and Older
While these might be good devices, you sadly do not have the Apple App Store on these older generation Apple TVs. In this case, the only way to watch Disney Plus on these devices is by using Apple AirPlay to cast to the Apple TV. Follow these steps.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same wifi network as that of the Apple TV.
- Now, download the Disney Plus app. Open it and sign in with your account.
- Now, select and open the movie or TV Show on the app that you wish to watch on your Apple TV.
- On the top of the screen, you will see the AirPlay icon.
- Tap on the AirPlay icon. It will now begin to look for devices that it can mirror.
- When you find your Apple TV, select it.
- The movie or TV Show on Disney Plus will now be screened onto your Apple TV.
Install Disney Plus App on Apple TV Gen 4 and newer
- Power on your Apple TV device and connect it to a WiFi Network.
- Use the remote to navigate over to the App Store on your home screen.
- Simply scroll through the App Store if you find the Disney Plus app on the App Store’s home screen.
- If not, simply head over to the search bar and type in Disney Plus.
- In the search result, you will find the app.
- Simply select it and download the app to your Apple TV.
- With the app available on your TVs home screen, simply navigate and select it.
- Now sign in with your Disney Plus credentials and you are good to go.
And this is how you can access the Disney Plus app on your new generation of Apple TV devices. Sure, the older ones cannot install any sort of apps, but hey, you can always make use of AirPlay and cast Disney Plus to your Apple TV. It still gives you the big picture experience plus better sound output thanks to your Apple TV. You can use the same methods to download or stream any app on your Apple TV depending on how old or new it is.