The first beta following the iOS 17 official release is now available to eligible iPhones. Apple has released iOS 17.1 Beta 1 to developers, with availability for public beta testers coming soon. Just this week, Apple put the finishing touches on the iOS 17 official release with two incremental updates and has now begun iOS 17.1 beta testing. It is also the first beta for newly released iPhone 15 series.
The iOS 17 released with many new features, but as usual there are some features are planned for release later this year. These features will be delivered to users through updates, such as iOS 17.1. The upcoming update will also bring improvements and stability enhancements for new iPhones.
There are also some more updates to other Apple devices. Along with iOS 17.1 Beta, Apple also released iPadOS 17.1 Beta, watchOS 10.1 Beta, tvOS 17.1 Beta, and macOS Sonoma 14.1 Beta. Talking about the build number both iOS 17.1 Beta 1 and iPadOS 17.1 beta 1 come with build number 21B5045h. It is the first beta which means it is going to be a large update in terms of size.
As you would expect from the first beta update, iOS 17.1 Beta 1 comes with some changes and new features which will be available to the public on official release.
- It brings new Modem update
- Removes new Ringtone introduced with iOS 17 and brings back old Ringtones
- Mark favorite song directly from lock screen Now Playing widget
- New Favorite playlist option in Apple Music
- Song Suggestions in the bottom of the playlists
- New AirDrop option ‘Use Cellular Data’ which will continue sharing files even if you go out of range, using Internet
- Live Activity for Flashlight has been added on iPhone 14 Pro models
- and few other changes
As mentioned in the starting, the iOS 17.1 is currently available to Developers, but soon it will be available to Public Beta testers. If you have developer beta or public beta enabled on your iPhone, you will receive the new beta update on your device. To check for the update go to Settings > General > Software Update. Before upgrade, make sure to backup your iPhone.